Youthprise is partnering with GiveMN to sponsor the Mobilize The Power of Youth Video Contest. Create a video detailing how your organization enlivens, empowers, and engages young people. The contest entry period is from September 15, 2012 through November 1, 2012. A panel of youth and the Youthprise staff will judge the contest. The winner will be announced on November 15, 2012 on the Give to the Max video feed live from Mall of America. Top prizes include two grand prizes of $5,000 and for the organization featured in the video.
The directions are simple:
- Create a video that shows us how your organization mobilizes the power of youth. Use photos to create a slideshow, use video from a camera phone or webcam video, or produce it like a professional!
- Upload the video to a video sharing website (i.e. YouTube.com, Vimeo.com, etc.).
- [NONPROFITS ONLY] Create a fundraiser page on GiveMN.org for your nonprofit, using your video entry as the main video on the page. For the “Fundraiser name” use the following format: YOUTH VIDEO CONTEST – (your video title here). All other entrants can simply cut and paste the YouTube or Vimeo URL.
- Email the link to your video and photo/video release forms for the individuals in the video to:firstname.lastname@example.org by the entry deadline of 11:59 p.m. November 1, 2012.
Subject: Mobilizing the Power of Youth VIDEO CONTEST
Please include your name, phone number, email & mailing address (to be used for contest updates and prize mailing purposes only, no solicitations.)
VIDEO REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS
The featured organization must be a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization, school district or youth-serving governmental organization. Direct questions regarding eligibility to Libby Rau at email@example.com.
By entering the contest, you grant GiveMN and Youthprise perpetual, royalty-free license to use your video. Except for the grant prizes and Ipads awarded to the organization of the video contest, no other compensation in any manner will be paid to any entrant of the video contest. If you want to remove your video from the competition, you may do so by requesting GiveMN delete your video from its competition prior to the announcement of the winner on November 15, 2012. Limit one video per organization.
Your video must be original content for this contest. Do not submit a video that has been submitted elsewhere.
Video must NOT be longer than 3 minutes.
Obtain release forms for all of the people featured in your video. (Click here to download our photo/video release form)
Children 18 years or younger must have their parent’s or guardian’s approval. Employees of GiveMN, Youthpise, and their relatives are not eligible to enter the contest.
Avoid profane language, violence, sex or personal attacks on people or organizations.
Avoid violating copyright laws or using brand names or logos other than those you have been granted permission to use in your video. You agree to indemnify GiveMN and Youthprise for any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from your possible violation of someone’s trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in any way in your video.
After the contest closes at 11:59 p.m. on November 1, 2012, Youthprise staff and a panel of youth will judge the video entries to determine which videos best comply with the requirements of the contest before selecting the best video. The winner will be announced on November 15, 2012 at the Mall of America and on GiveMN and Youthprise social networks.
Special consideration will be given to videos that:
- Are created and submitted in partnership with your organization and youth
- Feature youth that participate in the organizations programs and services
- Demonstrate innovative ways to engage and empower young people to make positive community change
- Highlight a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
Winning Videos: Two grand prizes of $5,000
2nd Place: $2,500
3rd Place: $1,000
4th & 5th Place: $500